MANUAL LYMPH DRAINAGE
30 min - 45 min - 60 min - 90 min - 120 min
Light pressure, pain free technique, used without oil, to support your lymphatic system and reduce swelling in your ankles, legs or arms, ect due to a recent injury, a lymphatic system issue, removal of lymphnodes due to a cancer treatment. Great to relieve extreme pain also as this gentle technique helps flush away the molecules causing pain and inflammation.
Blausen.com staff (2014)
If you have lipedema, weight gain is a disorder and not your fault
I learnt this technique in Germany in 2015 where it is a common therapy for:
- post injury rehabilitation.
I learnt at the Vodder Institute.
A Manual Lymph Drainage aka MLD treatment always starts at your neck. Depending on the area that is swollen I then stimulate lymph nodes in your armpits / inguinal area (hips). It may include a belly massage as there is a lot of lymph nodes in your belly. (as shown in the picture).
The specific technique I use activates lymph and interstitial fluid circulation as well as stimulate the functioning of the immune and parasympathetic nervous systems.
Some of the general benefits of the Manual Lymph Drainage:
• Reduction in edemas (swelling) and lymphedemas of various origins
• Detoxification of the body
• Stimulation of the immune system
• Regeneration of tissue
• Relief of chronic pain
• Reduction in the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia
• Deep relaxation to aid insomnia, stress, loss of vitality and loss of memory
• Alleviation of adiposis and cellulite tissue
Some common indications for Manual Lymph Drainage:
• Sports preparation: improves condition of the muscles before and after a sporting event
• Muscle spasms/cramps or pain
• Traumatic edemas: torn muscles, sprained ligaments, joint dislocations, fractures
• Pre-surgery: prepares the tissue for the intervention, drains the tissue, clears the lymph passages to help prevent post-surgery edema
• Post surgery: reduction or prevention of scars, fibrosis, and hypertrophic scars or keloids
• For any surgery removing major lymph nodes (post-mastectomy, tumor removal, etc.)
• For burns and their surgical treatment
• Chronic pain
• Chronic fatigue syndrome
• Sleeping Disorders, snoring
• Detoxification: fasting, dieting, tobacco withdrawal, toxic chemical poisoning.
I recommend the use of MLD for
primary Edema - swollen limb from birth or teenagehood / pregnancy / injury -.
secondary Edema, post Cancer after Lymph nodes have been removed.
Lipedema can also benefit a lot from MLD. Lipedema is a long-term (chronic) condition where there's an abnormal build-up of fat cells in the legs, thighs and buttocks, and sometimes in the arms. The condition usually only affects women, although in rare cases it can also affect men.
You may have Lipedema but haven't been diagnosed yet.
Find more informations about LIPEDEMA here:
If you have a contagious disease / fever / cold - strong heart insufficiency - MLD is contraindicated.
What a session is like
3 humans with lipedema
lymphedema due to lympectomy ( removal of lymphnodes in the armpit due to cancer therapy
Observe how the tissue build-up stops at the ankle, it is a typical sign of Lipedema.